We would like to invite all bike shops to field a team for the “Fastest Shop on the Road” competition. This category is designated specifically for bike shop teams. Riders do not need to be shop employees.
Shops will compete in relay teams of 4. This is an excellent way to not only reward shop riders, but to build shop loyalty, unity, and camaraderie. Then top it off the the chance to earn your store some serious bragging rights.
The winning shop earns the title of “Fastest Shop on the Road”. Along with that impressive title, the winners will also receive a trophy which the Fastest Shop will keep for annual display of bragging rights until they have been dethroned by a faster shop. If or when the shop is dethroned, they will receive a custom plaque indicating their achievement and the trophy will be passed on. A press release will also be sent out to all intermountain news sources, informing the press of your store and this great accomplishment. The winner will also be used in the 2013 marketing campaign as the store to be beaten. Please see bellow for ways your shop can be involved.
We know local bike shops are critical to the success of the Salt To Saint Relay. This is why we have created the Fastest Shop category and discount rate options. We want shops to get involved, try the event, give feedback and in the mean time have fun and earn some bragging rights. To build the greatest cycling relay in the country we need your store to participate and give feedback. Options 1-4 are ways that your organization can be involved.
Option #1 – Ride
- Simply put a team together and ride. Compete to become the “Fastest Shop on the Road” or just do it for the accomplishment and team building experience.
Option #2 – Social Media Partner
- Social Media Giveaways: We will be holding weekly contests. Each week we will give something away from one of the participating shops. Shops will be mentioned and receive credit for the weekly gift.
- Social Media Cross Promotions: Help us spread the word, by letting your followers know about the Salt To Saint Relay. Simply “Like” us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Option #3 – Contribute
- Sponsor a Category: Winners of each category (Men, Women, Mix) will receive prizes from the participating shops.
Solo – Prizes for 1 rider x 2 (Men & Women)
Two – Prizes for 2 riders x 3 (Men, Women, Mix)
Four – Prizes for 4 riders x 3 (Men, Women, Mix)
Eight – Prizes for 8 riders x 3 (Men, Women, Mix)
- Raffle Prizes: These are prizes that will be given away at the awards banquet as raffles. Riders like gear, but we are also open to innovative ways of getting customers through your doors. Gift certificates for services or in store merchandise are welcome.
- Email Lists: We recognize you are protective of your customers’ email addresses, we respect that. We also know your customers trust your recommendations. If you don’t want to, or are unable to share your email lists, you can send out flyers for us.
Option #4 – On Location
- Transition Area support: Man a transition area. This is a great way to advertise for your shop and support the riders involved. It is nice, as a rider, to have some interaction along the way.